Odeya Rush Gives Us the Glam!Odeya Rush Gives Us the Glam!
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2014
It's one of those rare moments, like seeing a rainbow or finding a four-leaf clover, but I think I may have actually seen a star being born. Soon-to-be-It-Girl Odeya Rush made her red carpet debut at the premiere of her new movie The Giver last week, with an all-around glam look that I don't think will soon be forgotten. This girl may have been a relative unknown a mere few weeks ago, but I am predicting major star potential in this girl. But seriously, let's talk about that red carpet beauty! 17 year-old. Odeya absolutely killed it with this beautiful, youthful look that enhanced all her best features. (Those brows! That lip color!) While, fair enough, it isn't all that risky of a look, she still managed to look both Hollywood-glam while staying age-appropriate.
Wanna try Odeya's look? Start with any e.l.f. primer, we like the Studio Poreless Primer for this look. It gives your foundation such an airbrushed look! Next, apply your favorite e.l.f. foundation all over the face. This look's gotta be flawless, so have our Studio Complete Coverage Concealer Palette in your arsenal to camouflage any imperfections. Odeya has a subtle glow, which our NEW Pressed Mineral Bronzer provides perfectly! Try it in the shades Baked Peach or Tan Toffee for a similar look. Simply blend along your hairline, jawline, and in the hollows of your cheeks with our Studio Mineral Powder Brush. Keep it natural (All-natural! Literally!) by using a kiss of our Pressed Mineral Blush in Sweet Retreat for a youthful flush. Our Studio Blush Brush provides precision application. For full brows like Odeya's, try the tinted side of our Studio Eyebrow Treat and Tame. The wand tints brows as it shapes them, perfect for a natural look. For the eyes, try a brown shadow, like Odeya, that would make blue eyes pop. The perfect palette? Our Studio Eye Enhancing Eyeshadow in Blue Eyes I. Get a cat-eye with our smudge-proof Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black, perfect for a party! Finish the eyes by curling your lashes, and applying a few coats of our Essential Volumizing and Defining Mascara. Now, finish off the look with a bright, punchy pink lipstick. We love our Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in Flirty & Fabulous! Top it off with a tinted gloss, like our Essential Hypershine Lip Gloss in Bubblegum, and you're ready for star power!
What do you think of Odeya's look?
BEAUTY SCHOOL 101: eye linerBEAUTY SCHOOL 101: eye liner
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2014
Take some notes, Elfette! Time to learn all about eyeliners and what they can do for your eye shape. Check out my top picks for e.l.f. liners and notice that you don't have to use JUST a liner... sometimes a shadow can be just as beautiful or match your look better! Get creative and play with lines and formulas.
SOFT FOCUS EYELINER
2. Any powdered Shadow can be used as an eyeliner! Try applying with the e.l.f. Studio Small Angled Brush, wet or dry. Wetting your brush and applying the color will allow it look more pigmented, while applying the powder dry will make it look softer. This method will allow your eyes to look bright and fill in the lash line more.
BOLD AND PRECISE EYELINER
2. It takes some practice, but the e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner is amazing! Its soft, creamy, formula allows for all different kinds of styles. Get the perfect winged liner with this brush and cream, or create a soft, smoky effect instead! The options are endless. This style will give you a perfectly defined eye.
What's your favorite kind of eyeliner?
Fall Ready With Shay!Fall Ready With Shay!
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2014
I don't know about you elfettes, but I've had fall on the brain lately. Thanks to a crisp burst of cooler weather in NYC last week, the corporate elfettes and I have been thinking of pumpkin spice lattes, sweater weather, and of course, fall beauty trends! With that last bit in mind, I was so happy to come across this picture of Shay Mitchell from the Teen Choice Awards a few weeks back. Seems like fall was on the Pretty Little Liars star's mind too: She nailed three of the big fall beauty trends we're really excited about here at e.l.f. Take a look!
First, that gorgeous, deep berry lip shade! While last fall was all about dark oxblood lips, this year's hot color is toned a little pinker and brighter. Ease into this trend through summer with our Essential Lip Balm Tint in Berry. For a full-on shade, we recommend our Mineral Lipstick in Beautiful Berry or Essential Lipstick in Posh.
Second, her glowing, dewy skin! You may normally think of dewy skin being strictly for summer, but we're predicting a glow to follow through the fall this year! A quick and easy shortcut to radiance is to prep with our Studio Mineral-Infused Face Primer in Radiant Glow for instant brightening! Our Essential Shimmering Facial Whip In Spotlight also does the trick well. As I've told you all before, my favorite secret for glowing skin is to mix some Shimmering Facial Whip in with my regular foundation! For an even quicker glow, you can try the Essential All Over Color Stick in Spotlight, perfect for the girl on-the-go!
Lastly, her pale purple blush! Much like fall lip color, instead of the darker shades you'd normally associate with fall, the trendy cheek colors are leaning towards the pastel and pale pinks and lilacs. Our top picks are the Studio Blush in Tickled Pink, Mineral Blush in Joy, Pressed Mineral Blush in Sweet Retreat, and our Essential Blush in Innocence. Beautiful!
What fall trends are you most looking forward to?
BEAUTY SCHOOL 101: locker must-haves!BEAUTY SCHOOL 101: locker must-haves!
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2014
Hey elfette! Put down your protractor and pick up your lip balm... it's time to learn about my locker must-haves for fall. If you're bummed about going back to class all day long, this post will get your pep back! Here are some great pieces from e.l.f. you need to try for school:
LESSON 1: CASES
• The e.l.f. Essential Signature Bag — This double-zippered bag gets you organized fast. Keep brushes on one side and compacts/lip stuff on the other! This bag is shorter in size than the dump bag, and fits into a backpack, smaller space or a corner of your locker with ease.
• The e.l.f. Essential Train Case — For the girl who loves to over pack... a.k.a.. ME! This case will fit your makeup, your brushes, and can probably even store some hair product to make it an all-in-one, beauty stop. It conveniently has a mirror built in, so you don't need an extra compact. This should fit at the bottom of your locker, but not your purse.
• In most cases, a little mascara can make you look more awake! Apply some of the e.l.f. Studio 3-in-1 Mascara to those lashes and get everyone thinking you didn't have an all-night, cram session.
• My absolute favorite liner is the e.l.f. Mineral Eyeliner, for it's creamy and smooth texture. I also hate to carry around a sharpener, so this pencil just rolls out and is super thin for storage.
• Every girl needs a go-to lip balm. Carry this in your purse, your backpack or even your pocket! The e.l.f. Studio Conditioning Lip Balm is sure to please with it's hydration and fun colors.
• So gym class isn't your favorite because your skin gets oily. Afterwards, apply a bit of the e.l.f. Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder to your face and let the shine disappear. Touch up your makeup too any time in the day with the powder and sponge. Easy!
• I'm not a fan of carrying around a bottle of foundation, so concealer does the trick when I'm out. Add the e.l.f. Studio Concealer to your makeup bag for school and it's like having a mini foundation!
• The e.l.f. Essential All Over Color Stick is awesome! You can touch up your blush with it, apply it on your eyes for shimmer or even on your lips. A three-in-one product is perfect for smaller makeup bags or when you're in a rush.
What's your favorite makeup to bring to school?
elf Cosmetics blog RSS feed