|40% Off Champagne, May's Color Crush! Get Sparkling with the New Neutral|
How-To: Cover Story!How-To: Cover Story!
MONDAY, APRIL 27, 2015
It's the dreaded time of year: finals! Just because you were up all night studying doesn't mean you should look the part. While our Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter likely won't help you pass all your tests, it will help you look wide-awake and refreshed! Here's how we use it to go under cover...from dark circles!
1. Prime your eye area with our Hydrating Undereye Primer to minimize any dryness and keep concealer from settling into fine lines. Just dab onto the undereye area with a clean ring finger.
2. Using the wand of the Concealer end, dab a few dots of product on the darkest areas of the eye, and blend gently with a clean ring finger.
3. Now for brightening! Use the wand of the Highlight side to dab a few dots of product all around the ocular bone, up to the brow bone, as well as in the corner of the eye.
4. Gently blend with our Flawless Concealer Brush. Going under cover has never looked so good!
How-To: April Shower-proof!How-To: April Shower-proof!
SUNDAY, APRIL 26, 2015
While we're grateful for the warmer weather and blooming flowers, we know there are still a few downsides to spring. Allergies, taxes, and the dreaded April showers! Yes, spring weather can be a bit, shall we say, unpredictable. When you know a sudden April shower might strike, we've got a few tips for waterproofing your look. We gave our friend Jackie a gorgeous look that'll last even without an umbrella!
2.) For rain-proof lashes, use Waterproof Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara.
3.) Give everything a final spritz with the Makeup Mist & Set! Not only does this set your makeup and make it budge proof, but it adds a protective waterproofing veil too.
meet kristen!: natural beauty basicsmeet kristen!: natural beauty basics
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15, 2015
By now, you've probably seen our new play beautifully short film (And if you haven't what are you waiting for!?). Meet one of the stars of the film, the lovely Kristen!
Kristen is a sweet, natural beauty who loves a good, classic look as much as she loves to try new trends! We've pulled together all of her favorite products for a gorgeous daytime look.
2. After priming the eyes, we applied our Flawless Eyeshadow in Blushing Beauty. We patted on the pale pink base color with our Eyeshadow "C" Brush, then contour with the brown crease shade using our Crease Brush.
3.) We finished Kristen's eye look with a generous application of our 3-in-1 Mascara.
Looking for a more dramatic look? Check out our latest makeup tutorial, a take on a classic winged eye and contoured cheek, featuring Kristen and our Chief Makeup Artist Achelle Dunaway.
RECENT COMMENT "I am really loving this natural look how ever i could never do this with all the products here becau..."
ADD A COMMENT
TELL A FRIEND
How-To: Spring Trends!How-To: Spring Trends!
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 08, 2015
Sweet! Spring has sprung! We're in love with the sweet pastel shades we're seeing all over lately. Inspired by this season's color trends, try this beautiful look. Here's the how-to!
1. Using our Blending Brush, apply our Baked Blush in Peachy Cheeky (Yes, blush!) as an eye base.
2. Apply the mid-tone pink shade in our Brightening Eyeshadow quads in Pretty N' Pink using the included applicator sponge.
3. Line, and apply several coats of Mineral Infused Mascara
4. Taking your Small Stipple Brush, stipple on the white shade of our Shimmer Palette to the cheekbones.
5. With the Blush Brush, apply our Mineral Blush in Sweet Retreat to the apples of the cheeks.
6. Finish it off with our Lip Balm Tint in Pink Princess!
RECENT COMMENT "I love the baked blush in peachy cheeky! Great look! Will have to try this soon. Thanks! measurabled..."
ADD A COMMENT
TELL A FRIEND
elf Cosmetics blog RSS feed