Summer is here, which means bikini season has sprung…scary!! The long winter sheltered my once tan body to a now scarish white hue. No worries though, nothing a little self bronzer, a few non-fat latte’s and cardio can’t fix. Here’s my best bronzer routine:
- Shower, exfoliate skin with a good shower scrub and loofah and shave.
- Apply a small amount of moisturizer around scalp and eyebrows to avoid hair color change.
- On clean, dry skin apply generously the self tanner
- Blend in evenly.
- Allow to dry for several minutes before applying clothes.
- Allocate nearly 2 hours before swimming or showering again for optimal saturation.
- Reapply daily until desired color is achieved.
Now that you have that “base” tan, it’s time to hit the beach, and these are the beach bag must-haves:
- Sunscreen-safety first!
- Ipod-Hello, music is essential, jam that summer song list!!
- Oversized Sunglasses-for that sexy yet casual look
- Hair tie-nobody wants frizzed out fly away’s in their face
- Water-nothing like quality H2O on a hot day!
- Book-At least you’ll look literate
- Camera-to capture those hotties on the beach
- Beach towel-what you want to lay on sand?
Keep in mind that being on the beach requires a different makeup look too, sorry ladies but red lips and smokey eyes, probably isn’t your best bet. Avoid foundations as they will look like a mask in the bright sunlight, go without the face powder which when moist starts to become caked and cracked, remember the age old rule “less is more”. My suggestion is go with a good waterproof mascara, spf chap stick, and concealer for those better left unseen pimples and what-nots.
Yep, and that’s about it.
Ok enough reading, go outside and hit up the beach!!
Did I leave something out, what’s your summer must haves??