You know I love introducing hot new talent; well I have another…Whitney Duncan! You may remember me mentioning a while back I was going to the CMA awards in Nashville, well when I was out there I discovered the triple threat Whitney. This 24 year old is beautiful, sings, and writes her own songs, one of those girls you would love to hate but really have a huge friend crush on, yep this is her. So I was able to get an interview with her in between her busy schedule and here is a little sneak peak on this hot new artist.
- Any big plans or resolutions for 2009? Big plans would be just to do a lot of acoustic performances and prepare for my new single “The Bed That You Made” which goes to radio January 26th. In terms of resolutions, the basics eat better and exercise more. Right now Wii fit, that’s my current choice of workout. LOL.
- Do you have a favorite e.l.f. product? The Mineral Eyeshadow, I love how it shimmers and stays on!!
- Have you always wanted to be a singer? Singing has always been my focus. I mean you never know when you are a kid what will happen, but I wanted it and it happened surprisingly. The big break happened when I signed at 17 to a label, I wasn’t ready though and I didn’t know what music direction I wanted to go in. It took awhile. The turning point was writing a lot and finding the right label. It all came together and worked its way out. That’s why this record is called The Right Road Now; the road I have been on has brought me to where I am now.
- What made you want to become a singer? Watching TV with my grandfather and singing around with him. Hearing Elvis was a huge influence as well. The movie Great Balls of Fire was also what made me want to be a performer; I could quote the movie at 5 and loved watching Jerry Lee Lewis. I used to sing out with little cassette tapes, at fairs, church and talent shows. My favorite Elvis song is Always on My Mind and I may try to have that as cover song on a future cd, if I dare try…I mean it’s Elvis!
- Tell me a little about your experience on Nashville Star. I was just song writing when the opportunity came up for Nashville Star, I thought this would be a cool thing to do. I got on the show out of like 20,000 auditioners, I was shocked. It was like boot camp into the industry. It was a great experience and lot of people became fans, which was really positive.
- When does your cd come out? Right Road Now comes out in spring/summer of this year.
- What was your inspiration behind this cd? I have been through a lot in my teenage relationships, drama with guys, so a lot of what I went through inspired this cd. It is a reflection of the journey and the road that has led me to now.
- I love the song Little by Little on your cd, can you tell me about it? It’s about a girl getting out of a relationship and she’s not quite ready to jump back into a relationship. It’s about a moment in time when you haven’t had the right relationship and you just need to be free and single to fix yourself.
- Can you tell me a little about the new music video you are shooting? It’s my new single called The Bed That You Made. The video launches end of February and is available at iTunes.
- What’s a beauty item you can’t live without? I LOVE lip gloss!!!
- Beauty tip? Get a lot of sleep!
- What’s in your purse? About 20 glosses in my purse. I love plumping glosses!! I randomly have foot cream; I got it confused with the hand cream, LOL. Hand sanitizer, and usually Airborne.
- What Kind of dog is duchess? She is part sharpie and part boxer, she is 70lbs and 5 years old.
- Craziest fan moment? A guy drove from Utah to Kentucky to see me play. I was wowed by his dedication.
- If you had one word of wisdom to young girls what would it be? My mom has always said, be yourself, be unique and be happy with that. When you start at nothing, if you really want something stick with it and eventually it will happen.
- Where can people check out more about you and your songs? My website whitneyduncan.com
Alrighty! That's just a little snapshot of this hot new singer Whitney Duncan. check her out and let me know what you think!
And for every valid web comment on this blog only we will give you a Free $5 e.l.f. coupon via email just to say thanks (1 per person, to the first 100 posts only).