X
Check out our Best Sellers category and Get 50% Off! Add products to cart, creating a minimum value of $25. Then enter code BESTIES in the coupon code box at checkout. Your discount will be calculated as 50% off each item in the Best Sellers category. Cannot be combined with any other offers or applied to previous purchases. Maximum discount $100. Offer valid online only. Offer ends 11:59 PM PST 11/26/2014.

*Free or discounted shipping offers are based on $8.00 Standard US Shipping, Canadian orders will receive $8.00 or other applicable discount off the $18.00 Canadian Standard Shipping cost.
elf Cosmetics

beauty blog

BACK
Internet Dating

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

It’s ironic that as the population increases it somehow becomes harder to meet people that we connect with. Sites like match.com, eharmony.com and countless others have emerged to provide a social dating service that’s personalized to try and connect you to your ideal match. Most of us have or know someone that has tested these websites and perhaps even succeeded.   The question is has online dating become the norm? Are we now replacing traditional dating with online dating? Have we gone completely cyber? What do you think internet or interaction? 

122 comments email to a friend print this page tags:
Digg Del Technorati feed FaceBook Faves FeedBurner Google MySpace StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

 
To reply to another user’s comment directly, click on the Reply link in that comment box.

Click on the Thread link to expand a discussion stemming from that comment.
LittleJlo07 wrote:
1) 4/1/2009 1:03:01 PM
I am not sure if it has become the norm, although, I will admit I would not be surprised if it has, or at least will be in the next few years. Many people may be too scared or too busy to date in person, so finding someone online may be easier for them. Hopefully, our world hasn't come to the point where we quit interacting human to human! In my opinion, I think it is sad already that we are so dependent on technology for communication--are we really wanting to become so dependent on cyberspace for dating? Internet is great--it really helps people stay in better touch, but there's nothing like having a man take you out to dinner and have human to human conversation. One can't really tell the other's meaning or tone of voice, or whatever, when talking over the internet. Word of advice--let's keep dating in person and not over the internet. If you have to go online to find the guy that's most compatible for you, by all means, go ahead, but once you do, start dating in person! It's so much better!
Reply to this
Mir wrote:
2) 4/1/2009 1:04:24 PM
interaction definitely! Internet dating can be scary, but then, so can "real" dating. I think there are too many lies that can be potentially told in the cyber world. Better to know what you're getting upfront.
Reply to this
debbadabbadoo wrote:
3) 4/1/2009 1:19:36 PM
Internet dating can be fun if done cautiiously. Remember, not everyone is as truthful as you would like them to be. An online friendship should remain online for an extended period in my opinion, before people meet.
Reply to this
79poohbear wrote:
4) 4/1/2009 1:28:30 PM
I have never had good luck with internet dating so I don't think it would become the norm.
Reply to this
Amante wrote:
5) 4/1/2009 1:34:23 PM
I think that online dating is ok because some people may be a little shy and like to warm up to people through different ways but on the other hand i think that going on an actual date should not be replaced by online dating because its just not the same.
Reply to this
lippyhk wrote:
6) 4/1/2009 1:37:28 PM
The speed of the internet has definitely changes our lives in many aspects - and dating is cetainly one of them! I think interaction is best, if you choose internet dating, use caution ;)
Reply to this
dani2018 wrote:
7) 4/1/2009 1:38:58 PM
Where I live at, it is not considered normal. I prefer interation than internet because sometimes people tend to lie over the internet. However to each his own and if people want to do it and it works for them then thats great :)
Reply to this
kugrad wrote:
8) 4/1/2009 1:49:36 PM
I like face-to-face interaction better. Internet Dating seems to lack that chemistry, butterflies in the stomach!
Reply to this
eyecandy007 wrote:
9) 4/1/2009 1:52:39 PM
I have heard horror stories about net dating and i have heard some good.. I guess in this day and age its the way to go as long as you weed out the abnormal people. I prefer meeting someone outside and not thru a computer you get to know the person better.. just my 2 cents
Reply to this
Lanny wrote:
10) 4/1/2009 1:53:21 PM
Although online dating has grown in popularity in recent years, it has yet to become the norm. For one, there is still a stigma toward those whose relationships started online. However, as technology continues to grow and more people have access to the Internet, there should be a dramatic increase in online dating in the next several years. One thing of importance that I'd like to point out is that it may not be a case of "internet or interaction," as Internet dating does include interaction as well (just not physical, at least, though it could become physical once a couple moves out of the Internet dating stage).
Reply to this
xoxo,D. wrote:
11) 4/1/2009 2:00:20 PM
Not sure if this has become the norm for people in general but I do see and hear it alot more nowadays. Me personally, I like to meet in person - I like the face 2 face interaction thing.
Reply to this
sarahus1982 wrote:
12) 4/1/2009 2:23:26 PM
Though internet dating trend has increased these days bit I feel that it is unsafe
Reply to this
supergal wrote:
13) 4/1/2009 2:26:17 PM
Internet dating may not be always be the way we think it is. we might think about the person in some way and actually they might be something else.there are fair chances of deceiving.in traditional dating, we might not have a chance to meet as many people as we meet on the internet. so there are lesser options.
Reply to this
DollyG wrote:
14) 4/1/2009 2:28:29 PM
I don't think it will ever replace traditional dating, but has just introduced a new way to meet people. I know of one friend who met her soul mate online and they are now married but others have continued to meet the old fashioned way, either through mutual friends or in the workplace.
Reply to this
Tiffani wrote:
15) 4/1/2009 2:37:36 PM
I personally have never tired internet dating sites, I feel that you can find that match in your life but that you dont a computer to match you up. Even in those cases how long can the relationship last? I dont think long b/c those little things in an relationship can end it and I dont think a computer can give you your perfect match. I am more for interaction 100% go out and put yourself out their dont be afraid I think that you know your self better than a computer!
1 Reply | Reply to this | Open Thread
niki02girl wrote:
16) 4/1/2009 2:47:56 PM
I think it's becoming increasingly popular, but I'm still a skeptic. Hey, but you never know! Maybe someday I'll try it out!
Reply to this
jlmretail43 wrote:
17) 4/1/2009 2:56:16 PM
I think it's only a matter of time before most dating is done via the internet. Ten years ago it was unheard of, but today the internet factors in huge, whether it be internet dating sites, social networking sites like Facebook, or simply just "googling" your potential suitor.
Reply to this
Hillary D wrote:
18) 4/1/2009 3:13:55 PM
awesome!
Reply to this
Hillary D wrote:
19) 4/1/2009 3:15:45 PM
i think its becoming vaild for older people, and people who just dont want to waste their time anymore.
Reply to this
Esperanza wrote:
20) 4/1/2009 3:18:43 PM
It has not replace regular dating but has become a great avenue for many. Just an FYI a gay group in Jersey sued eHarmony since they are discriminated against in not being able to join. I heard a sister site of theirs opened for homosexuals. Great breakthrough.
Reply to this
Spokenme08 wrote:
21) 4/1/2009 3:42:51 PM
I don't think it is the norm, but I don't think it should be disregarded either. It definitely can be a valuable tool when looking for (a) partner(s), and with access to more people your chances increase, still there is something to say about "traditional" dating/courtship.
Reply to this
alizimm wrote:
22) 4/1/2009 3:58:07 PM
I personally would never use an online dating site because i wouldn't feel like i found a match naturally. I feel like love is one of the few priceless things in life and i couldnt pay for using an online dating service.
Reply to this
alizimm wrote:
23) 4/1/2009 4:00:09 PM
I dont think it had become the norm because most people you would ask would have speculations about internet dating
Reply to this
nayeli wrote:
24) 4/1/2009 4:02:13 PM
I like face to face interaction better!!! @__>____ ¢¾¢¾¢¾¢¾¢¾¢¾¢¾
Reply to this
ohgosher wrote:
25) 4/1/2009 3:25:28 PM
It's not necessarily a question of not meeting people, but how society is unable to connect with each other. One of the major things is that people are becoming too comfortable with the internet and thus does not feel the need to go out and meet people. Which is another question that comes up, where should we meet our counterpart? The park? Club? It almost seems that if we do meet someone from a place such as a bar, we would have already formed judgements about them based on the location that we met them at. All in all, online dating is an option for many, just be aware that there are stalkers and predators.
Reply to this
Lanisha wrote:
26) 4/1/2009 4:04:25 PM
I wouldn't use an internet site to find a partner...Number one reason is people lie to much(and its easier to do that when you don't have to face who you are lying to). I do however love chatting online, in different messenger services and its cool to actually run into someone with whom your interacted with online. I have had people who I have randomly chatted with pass me on the street and stop me thats pretty fun. However, no genuine relationship/friendship starts before I meet a person, in person.
Reply to this
sweetkiss wrote:
27) 4/1/2009 4:06:46 PM
I think more than internet dating, internet friendships have definitely increased. It has become more common to chat, email, webcam, etc than to make a phone call. Definitely in terms of friendship I think cyber friendships are normal since you usually meet people through forums or discussion boards or blogs and therefore you already have a common interest. I personally think internet dating has not and will most likely never completely replace traditional dating since dating requires more commitment and involvement than friendship requires.
Reply to this
cdotchrstian wrote:
28) 4/1/2009 4:10:25 PM
I say that online dating has become the norm because traditional dating is harder to do. I met my friend online and we live 30 mins from each other. Sometimes its the fact that people are looking for love in all the wrong places andthe internet is like, our "trusted source" where nothing can go wrong.
Reply to this
poochie wrote:
29) 4/1/2009 4:13:55 PM
I do not think this is cool. Love is at first site in person not on line. People seem so desperate. Its just not for me. God bless
Reply to this
LibbyC wrote:
30) 4/1/2009 4:15:21 PM
I fell that online dating is replacing regular dating. Just because we now live in a society of convenience. Instead of calling, we text, instead of handwritten letters, we email. So naturally the next step would be to surf the web for love right? I feel there are pros and cons to online dating,just like with many things. A pro is, for people who truly lead busy lives, or are single parents it's an excellent way to meet a wide range of people without having to waste too much time in someone you wouldn't be interested in. And people really do find true love online I believe. I know 2 couples,who are both great,professional people who met the person they ended up marrying on match.com. On the con side, all the "chatting" lets someone know a lot about you very quickly. Instead of going on numerous dates to get to know someone,you can know their whole life story in an instant message conversation. It takes away the thrill of really knowing someone. It also leads to a physical relationship muct faster, because you already feel emotionally connected to a person upon meeting them from all the time you have "chatted" with them. I think online dating can be a very positive thing, for people who set boundaries.
Reply to this
lovemybabysquid wrote:
31) 4/1/2009 4:28:13 PM
I don't have the chance for "real" dating, but trying to find someone online isn't working either.
Reply to this
Kittykool wrote:
32) 4/1/2009 4:33:54 PM
The thing that sucks about internet dating is all of the misrepresentation that goes on. Personally, most of the men I have dated wdere friends or introduced by friends.
Reply to this
arnbird wrote:
33) 4/1/2009 4:34:58 PM
I worry about my daughter meeting men in real life and online. Whichever way a person chooses there is the element of danger.
Reply to this
mrbartthebear wrote:
34) 4/1/2009 4:42:27 PM
When I was younger it was all face to face. I don't fully understand dating online, but if it works.
Reply to this
Cute Lolita Doll wrote:
35) 4/1/2009 4:51:29 PM
I never tried internet dating, I always found it creepy.
Reply to this
bron wrote:
36) 4/1/2009 4:52:00 PM
It's becoming more of the norm - I think it still has a little 'weird' factor, but I know of SO many internet success stories!
Reply to this
hulahips wrote:
37) 4/1/2009 5:10:20 PM
I think interaction. However, I don't have anything against internet either, but the reason I say interaction is because how do you fall for someone without having that physical touch, seeing them, etc. But I understand that tons of people have fallen in love through internet, so I guess whatever works for you!
Reply to this
angela90x wrote:
38) 4/1/2009 5:13:17 PM
I think its just the convenience of logging into these websites and meeting new people based on compatibility but they're not 100% correct I think you have to get to know a person on a deeper level than jane likes x and john likes x -- match made in heaven!! For me, it's not the norm, I still believe in real interactions.
Reply to this
brightlights87@gmail.com wrote:
39) 4/1/2009 6:00:18 PM
I met my boyfriend online, though it was in a chat room and not a matchmaking website. I think it is slowly becoming a more acceptable form of dating, however its nowhere near replacing the traditional dating.
Reply to this
~*Lynds*~ wrote:
40) 4/1/2009 6:18:26 PM
When MySpace first started, I intended to use it to stay in touch with friends seeing as I had moved from my home state since graduating HS and I lost touch with many people. I ended up using it as a dating tool as well as a socialization site. I made quite a few new friends and I dated a few people I met through MySpace. I feel that online dating has come a long way from it's inception and has now become more socially acceptable but I'm not sure its "the norm" yet. It is definitely much easier for super busy people to meet others via the social networks but it has its downfalls considering you can't tell if the people on the other end are being honest. I feel that personal interaction is much better for the dating world but it's not always possible at first. You drop your guard a bit when you are able to meet someone online because the factor of rejection isn't as high online as it is in the real world. I think it's a fantastic option for people but you still have to keep your wits about you and don't meet just anyone you chat up online. It has become VERY dangerous so use precautions! Good luck and happy dating :)
Reply to this
bonjourbea wrote:
41) 4/1/2009 6:18:28 PM
Online dating scares the living daylight out of me. I guess it is no safer than blind dating or meeting someone at the store, but it is easier to lie online and no one being able to tell. I sure hope the dating world hasn't gone completely cyber.
Reply to this
Lia W. wrote:
42) 4/1/2009 6:35:59 PM
At least in my social group, online dating is not quite the norm yet. A few people have tried it and have had hits/misses, but most of my friends are just dating in traditional ways. I personally think it would be an interesting way to meet potentials - have not tried it, but quite willing when I'm ready for a new relationship.
Reply to this
Lipglosslover wrote:
43) 4/1/2009 7:24:34 PM
I'm for it. It's very difficult to meet someone these days; with busy work schedules and personal lives the internet or speed dating is not a bad thing. It is the norm. I think alot of people have connected through successful websites like eharmony etc..If a person is serious about meeting a future mate, I think the internet is the way to go!
Reply to this
angel18 wrote:
44) 4/1/2009 7:25:51 PM
yes i think that it has become normal to date online but i do not agree with it . I still like to meet people the old fashion why .I personally don't think someone can tell me who i'm good with
Reply to this
Michelle75 wrote:
45) 4/1/2009 7:27:59 PM
I think that as technology has expanded, of course we've looked more towards the internet for ALL of our needs, relationships included. I think that this can be very useful, since it gives a person access to more people than they would typically meet on a day-to-day basis. However, it also obviously has its perils - predators lurk the internet as well as the boy/girl next door. If used in an intelligent manner, I think that the internet can be a positive tool in finding that special someone.
Reply to this
Desiderata wrote:
46) 4/1/2009 7:33:31 PM
Tried it for awhile and things didn't really work out. It's just not the same as meeting people face to face and getting to know them through real conversation.
Reply to this
kyliemou wrote:
47) 4/1/2009 7:41:24 PM
I don't think we have gone completely cyber yet with the online dating, but I think people are finding it more and more difficult to meet the right person. People probably have such high standards or expectations in what their partner would be like that we cannot find anyone who would fit the qualities we want. So in turn, we go to the internet, to filter out the "bad" from the "good" till we find the "one" we like. I think interaction is much more important because just reading a profile and looking at an image isn't enough to allow a person to really know what's the person is like. A profile can easily be written with false information, and images can easily be altered.
Reply to this
laflowerbug wrote:
48) 4/1/2009 9:17:01 PM
I do think it's becoming the norm. It seems like the more dependent we become on technology the less personal we become. For instance look at how everybody seems to text everyone now instead of calling anymore. Which is good at times, but for somethings it's so impersonal. I listened to a show on the radio a while back on the topic of on-line dating and a lot of the callers either said, they date on-line because they are just too busy to waste time on Mr/Miss wrong or they do it because they are just to shy to meet in person.
Reply to this
jdrz wrote:
49) 4/1/2009 9:22:37 PM
I don't think it'll take over traditional dating, but it'll just me another way to meet people. It's no different than going to a bar and meeting someone you don't know, I think.
Reply to this
jenie wrote:
50) 4/1/2009 9:55:18 PM
I think interaction is the only efficient way to date. I don't believe in online dating since you don't really know them. I don't think online dating would ever replace traditional dating.
Reply to this
Chelsery wrote:
51) 4/1/2009 10:05:24 PM
Online dating is silly and terrifying. I refuse to do it. Let things happen in the real world.
Reply to this
Jessie614 wrote:
52) 4/1/2009 10:08:50 PM
Haha, I don't know. Internet dating is just not for me though. You never know if the person on the other side is really who they say they are and you never get to know them on a personal level.
Reply to this
kimberlydax wrote:
53) 4/1/2009 10:59:57 PM
I think that online dating or meeting someone is becoming more popular and more normal. My bestfriend met her husband on Facebook about two years ago. Went to his house, in ENGLAND, and they fell in love!
Reply to this
michelles wrote:
54) 4/1/2009 11:07:55 PM
I like interaction better and I hope that we haven't gone 'completely cyber'. But I do see it a lot more often now, especially on TV and other ads. I don't think I'd try it though just because I might end up with someone completely different from what I'd imagine... although I do admit that you get to connect on another level other than purely physical.
Reply to this
mshj wrote:
55) 4/1/2009 11:29:44 PM
I think if you can make a connection on the internet then that's great. I have actually heard alot of people meeting this way and even marrying. I personally perfer interaction because I think you really get to know the person better and anyone can say anything on internet.
Reply to this
cuethesun wrote:
56) 4/2/2009 12:34:29 AM
personally, i haven't used any of those sites before but I've done...i guess you can say online dating? I'm currently in one right now, and it's not so bad. It's somewhat more convenient. I do believe that online dating has taken over traditional dating since technology has grown ever so much in the past few years.
Reply to this
Shannie C. wrote:
57) 4/2/2009 12:43:59 AM
I think the internet dating services are great for people that are shy or is tired of trying to find someone on their own. I dont think dating has gone completely cyber- I think its just been incorporated into the dating world. I've haven't done the cyber dating thing, so I cant really say which one I'd prefer.
Reply to this
yooni wrote:
58) 4/2/2009 12:47:14 AM
I was talking to an older friend the other day about online dating, and we came to the conclusion that as you become older, it becomes more normal to go on online networking sites for relationships than it is when you're younger. It's definitely considered "weirder" if you're in college or in your 20s. we both know people who are in really serious relationships with people that met online, and one of her friends is in a long-distance marriage with someone they met online.
Reply to this
x3kt wrote:
59) 4/2/2009 1:11:37 AM
haha quite intereseting =]
Reply to this
Rosemay wrote:
60) 4/2/2009 1:16:00 AM
Sure not. Even you talk to that person and feel that he/she's the one, the final step to make sure that the feeling is right is to meet this person face to face. I don't think that someone can actually keep the relationship for long time if they only date online.
Reply to this
E wrote:
61) 4/2/2009 2:26:41 AM
For me, I would prefer interaction over the internet just b/c you don't know for sure if the other person sending you msgs is a weirdo or not.....until you meet them. I've had friends who've met on internet dating sites and have matched well, even some getting married. On the other hand, I've also had friends who've ended up w/ creeps, people of the same sex (which they weren't looking for), and liars. I think if you're gonna do the internet route, be extra cautious. Pretty to be paranoid than dead.
Reply to this
MCALIXTO2390 wrote:
62) 4/2/2009 2:29:00 AM
Don't believe the hype, I guess. But if you have given up in real life, I'd suggest online dating too. I mean, I've heard real matchmaking stories, from people that have given up and considered online dating their last resort, which ended up being the best decision they ever made. My sister is proof of it. She joined eharmony and found a great guy. They haven't gotten married, but they've been together for over 2 years.
Reply to this
MsSarahNoel wrote:
63) 4/2/2009 2:55:12 AM
I don't really like the idea of online match making. I believe the best way to meet people is by going out in public and finding someone you connect with. I think it's a lot safer that way too.
Reply to this
Twigs wrote:
64) 4/2/2009 7:46:53 AM
It's funny because both of my cousin's have used those online dating sites. And both found what seem to be there perfect matches. I've never personally used them. But have thought about it. And weither or not I would actually find my perfect match. I don't think we've gone completely cyber just yet. But I do think that we are getting there.
Reply to this
beccasnail wrote:
65) 4/2/2009 8:23:34 AM
I think that the older you are, the harder it gets to meet people, because you have more responsibilities and can't get out as often.
Reply to this
midnightdragon02 wrote:
66) 4/2/2009 10:06:06 AM
I think meeting online is ok but you must have real life interaction as well . you can't just judge a person by how they are on the net they may not be honest .
Reply to this
momala wrote:
67) 4/2/2009 7:19:47 AM
I used match dot com way back when it first started. I was a bit apprehensive at first, but after a while it was very easy to just pick and choose just who I think would be a good match for me. I think that with all of the advancements in technology, it is just part of it that we would turn to internet dating. I personally prefer actual interaction to internet dating.
Reply to this
Ree Ree wrote:
68) 4/2/2009 9:39:01 AM
When it comes to online dating, it can be tricky. I don't think online dating has necessarily become the norm. There is always the element of the unknown and whether or not the person shown on the screen is who will actually show up. I guess it is about the same with a blind date--there are good ones and bad ones. Just find what works for you and move forward.
Reply to this
ccndray wrote:
69) 4/2/2009 10:23:23 AM
I think that the internet dating has caught on so much because you can find out so much about a person before you even meet them or soon after. You cab find out who they really are and what they are not!!! A lot of couples I know met via the internet and they are happy, maybe it works? Dont know met my hubby at a plain ole bar like in the old days!!!
Reply to this
kaytiemarie wrote:
70) 4/2/2009 10:24:05 AM
I have a very good friend who met her match online, so I believe it works...it's just not for everyone!
Reply to this
kiki345 wrote:
71) 4/2/2009 10:33:21 AM
i think that unfortunately online dating is starting to become the norm. And why should it? You dont get to meet someone face to face-why then is it so popular? The answer-it makes it easy. You dont have to worry about the awkwardness or uncomfortableness that comes with a first date, etc. . .
Reply to this
mai_z wrote:
72) 4/2/2009 10:35:32 AM
I think there's still some stigma about 'meeting people online'. Granted, it's much easier to disguise yourself as someone that you're not so people should take some cautions, but I't sdefinately becoming more acceptable
Reply to this
ktjane89 wrote:
73) 4/2/2009 10:52:54 AM
Yes, I do believe online dating has become the norm because of peoples fears. It's hard to get rejected face to face rather than over a computer conversation. A lot of people are also affraid to get back out on the playing field and go on a date because what if they say the wrong thing. Where as through internet dating you can copy, paste and really think about what you say before you say it. I Don't think everyone has gone cyber. There is still a lot of people who go out to clubs and such to meet people and then go on dates. I would have to say i personally think interaction. You have to be able to interact with somone physically and mentally.
Reply to this
bizoff wrote:
74) 4/2/2009 11:15:55 AM
I have met several people who have met, dated, and married people online. I have met several friends online. I think it is such an easy way to meet people who have similar interests with you, other than trying to hook up at a bar. I still feel interaction is crucial to a relationship, but when there is more emotional connections, it makes the interaction so much better.
Reply to this
fanny wrote:
75) 4/2/2009 11:25:39 AM
online dating? it's ridiculous!! technology has now taken us from the most basic phone call to just a text or instant message. The internet only allows us to think how we want the other person to reply.
Reply to this
Myra wrote:
76) 4/2/2009 11:47:11 AM
I don't know about dating sites. I can say that I have never tried it, and since I am with Mr. Right, I probabaly never will. However, I went to eat with a couple of friends from work last Friday, and one of my co-workers and his wife told us the story of how they met on an online dating site. They are both perfectly normal and perfectly happy people, so I guess it can work out. :)
Reply to this
Roro wrote:
77) 4/2/2009 11:53:33 AM
I have tried the internet dating for fun. I don't think it has become the norm but to me it is harder doing the cyber dating because you have to screen them very well. But if your bored and have the money to pay the fee for e-harmoney or match.com its fun! you meet a lot of guys all at one time and you can pick and choose. At one point I was going on dates like every other day which and I would tell my sister, she would txt me and say is he love? I would so say no...but I did meet my guy on the internet which I'm currently dating.
Reply to this
laurcreamer wrote:
78) 4/2/2009 12:04:48 PM
I met my fiance online and know quite a few people that have found great mates too. Meeting online is good, but that in person chemistry is still necessary!
Reply to this
coldfriday wrote:
79) 4/2/2009 12:08:11 PM
Heavens! Use whatever means you can and don't be distracted by the packaging or photos! I met my husband through an independent newspaper personals 16 years ago and it was lovely.
Reply to this
Lesliepen wrote:
80) 4/2/2009 12:33:44 PM
I think its ok. I have never tried it but I am sure it works for some poeple. You just have to be careful because you don't really know who you are talking to.
Reply to this
uniquepulse wrote:
81) 4/2/2009 12:46:18 PM
It depends on the generation and the friends your have. My friends try to set my up with some of their collegues. I trust that rather than the matchmaking websites. If I somehow end up on those sites, my friends are unwilling to introduce me to their guy friends.
Reply to this
CourtneyM wrote:
82) 4/2/2009 1:29:19 PM
I think online dating has a equal amount of pros and cons. It definitely gives you a greater span of people to meet, but yet it also takes away from our social skills and how well we interact with others. I do thing online dating is becoming more famous, simply because online, you can be yourself with no inhibitions. If things don't work out, just click the red x and you're done!
Reply to this
Lyric wrote:
83) 4/2/2009 1:42:57 PM
I personally think that we over use technology we should be going out to meet people not staying in its not the same you cant sense chemistry over a computer screen
Reply to this
Kate08 wrote:
84) 4/2/2009 1:48:01 PM
I think online dating is so popular because you have nothing to lose- you put your profile and picture online, and then if people are interested then they will leave you a comment and eventually it could lead to a date. It takes all the fear out of approaching someone in person and being rejected right there on the spot. However, when you finally do meet in person- you could find that even though it seemed like things were perfect online, there is no chemistry face-to-face. This is what happened to a friend of mine- he went on Cupid.com and found a match, but after a couple dates, they stopped communicating. The good thing about Cupid.com though is that it is free!
Reply to this
DAB1 wrote:
85) 4/2/2009 1:59:33 PM
Unfortunately, i'm afraid internet dating is here to stay and will grow. Without face to face interaction there are too many ways people can deceive others, perhaps unconsciously.
Reply to this
shorty2525 wrote:
86) 4/2/2009 2:34:24 PM
I think that internet dating has become the norm along with speed dating as people either no longer have the time, or want to waste the time a real date. These types of dating allow people to interact just enough for them to decide whether or not they want to take it further. I think that both these methods are great !!!
Reply to this
AFAb in AR wrote:
87) 4/2/2009 4:07:01 PM
Although it's easy to browse thru the dating ads much like you would for the newest makeup (wink), I still prefer the butterflies from a chance meeting!
Reply to this
Charliemo wrote:
88) 4/5/2009 9:54:39 AM
My cousin meet through dating service but I don't think they work that well. You could be out socially but instead your on a computer
Reply to this
lothlorien wrote:
89) 4/5/2009 9:01:32 PM
hmmm, well idk. with online dateing it is really easy to get something completely diffrent than you expect. I believe its easier to meet someone and get to know them that way than online because online you dont see a lot of their faults and that can be a big party crasher when you meet them =/
Reply to this
HelloKittyLover wrote:
90) 4/2/2009 4:12:55 PM
I think that in the world we are living in the internet is a great tool to meet other people that you would have never met unless you were online. I think that most people are busy and no one wants to be lonely either, so the web is something that is convenient and not as awkward as going out to say something like a bar or a club where most of the folks there are people you probably would't want to have a long term relationship with anyways. But there are some draw backs to everything, if you find someone online how do you know that they're legitimate and you are also losing that special feeling that you will only get if you were to meet someone in person. I think it's all about interaction.
Reply to this
madison67 wrote:
91) 4/2/2009 4:57:21 PM
in my opinion interaction is the best way to go. my mom did the eharmony thing and met somebody really great, but i'm still old fashioned.
Reply to this
dianaa wrote:
92) 4/2/2009 5:17:58 PM
i don't think it's becoming the norm, but it's pretty common. i think it's okay as long as people really get to know whoever it is online and don't just jump into random relationships.
Reply to this
kiki08 wrote:
93) 4/2/2009 5:31:04 PM
I think online dating is going to be social norm now a days. People are having a harder time looking or finding the right person to date and online dating is a easier way to find someone who have the same interests. However I don't think it will replace traditional dating not everyone will be interested in trying to find someone online. So I think online dating and regular dating are both here to stay.
Reply to this
iLoVeHoUsE wrote:
94) 4/2/2009 5:50:36 PM
I definitely believe in interaction over internet because although you can get to know a person over the internet, physical interaction is a huge part of getting to know someone. This physical aspect of being around a person and getting to know them is not there over the internet. However, I do not think there is anything wrong with meeting people over the internet, especially if you're someone who doesn't get out much. I definitely don't think we have simply replaced normal dating with online dating and gone completely cyber. While the internet may play a large part in the relationship, I do not believe that every couple out there defines themselves based off of the internet. In a romantic relationship, the way you physically interact with someone is extremely important, and most people realize that. Because most people realize this, they're not simply going to replace dating with the internet. While the internet has become a major part of dating, I don't think it completely dominates every relationship in the country
Reply to this
GirlLovesPink wrote:
95) 4/2/2009 5:56:46 PM
I do think that people are putting less effort into going out and meeting new people face to face. I think for some people it's easier to sit behind a computer screen than to go out and potentially be rejected by someone.
Reply to this
Mandy Kuran wrote:
96) 4/2/2009 6:26:06 PM
I'm not sure if it's the norm, but it is certainly more acceptable in society today then it was just a couple years ago. In the past, people would have been very skeptical before going to meet someone in person they met online. But now, most people don't think twice about it. Personally, I would never use online dating (mostly because I'm already attached, haha), but I just find actually meeting someone in person and really getting to know him/her is best. Online, it's sometimes hard to understand what a person is like based on text they type on a screen. It's hard to convey the emotions we are feeling through the computer. But I find nothing wrong with someone using online dating services, if it works then go for it!
Reply to this
kay01 wrote:
97) 4/2/2009 6:29:28 PM
Yea I guess online dating has become the norm. A lot more people are more confident in online dating instead of meeting the person fact to face. We haven't gotten completely cyber because many people still meet each other on movie/dinner dates. Cyber dating hasn't overcome traditional dating.. not yet at least.
Reply to this
doubleD wrote:
98) 4/2/2009 6:36:41 PM
I am currently in college, and I think that online interactions in general have become the norm. People don't interact face-to-face anymore, because it's easier to shoot an e-mail, send a text, or check facebook. This definitely shows up in the dating culture (or lack thereof!). I am not sure what can be done about stopping this trend, but I do think that it makes meeting someone (in real life, doing real life things!) even more special and memorable.
Reply to this
forever_dreaming wrote:
99) 4/2/2009 7:51:23 PM
i still think as good or bad as they may be...it still is NOT the same as socially interacting with people...
Reply to this
Steve wrote:
100) 4/2/2009 7:54:16 PM
its great
Reply to this
happily single wrote:
101) 4/2/2009 9:02:48 PM
I feel like the whole internet dating idea has gone from one that was once viewed as ridiculous and dangerous to one that is now accepted as a kind of norm and is a route through which many people do find happiness. Despite its recent popularity surge,I still feel that the best way to meet and date is in person, not online.
Reply to this
JHill95 wrote:
102) 4/2/2009 9:05:22 PM
interaction because people are crazy these days!
Reply to this
kk123 wrote:
103) 4/2/2009 9:23:52 PM
I think that online dating is just this new technilogical way of old fashion dating. it just is upgraded with technology
Reply to this
Anya wrote:
104) 4/2/2009 10:22:14 PM
Don't do it! You don't know who you'll come across...
Reply to this
achalmers18 wrote:
105) 4/3/2009 12:15:51 AM
i think internet dating is good in a way my friend went through match.com a couple yrs ago and now they are married and have a set of twins you just have to get to know the person before you meet
Reply to this
Emmeline wrote:
106) 4/3/2009 12:30:32 AM
I think that in this day and age, people are relying more and more on internet dating in order to help connect them with people far away because of their harried schedules. In the past, people just dated/mated with the people closest to them and didn't have much of a choice. But now, with airplanes, internet, phone, etc., we have more access to faraway places than ever before and thus need internet dating in order to connect.
Reply to this
NURSING FOR EVER wrote:
107) 4/3/2009 1:18:51 AM
I THINK ITS THE NORM NOW. I JUST WENT TO MY SISTER'S HOUSE THE OTHER DAY FOR A WINE TESTING PARTY. AND ALL OF THE WOMEN THERE WERE TALKIN OF THEIR BOYFRIENDS. I WAS JUST AMAZED OF HOW EVERYONE THERE SEEMED TO BE IN LOVE. WELL AS WE SAT AND HAD MORE ONE ON ONE CONVERSATIONS, NEARLY EVERY ONE IN THE ROOM BOYFRIENDS WERE ON-LINE LOVERS. ONLY US MARRIED WOMEN( WHICH WERE ONLY TWO) INCLUDING MYSELF, ACTUALLY HAD A MAN THAT LIVED IN THE STATE. THIS IS NEW FOR ME. MY HUSBAND AND I MET THE OLD FASHION WAY.I BUMPED INTO HIM AT STARBUCKS AND ACCIDENTLY SPILLED MY COFFEE. OOPS!
Reply to this
MissJAC wrote:
108) 4/3/2009 4:01:51 PM
I would never internet date. It just seems completely creepy to me.
Reply to this
Mandee wrote:
109) 4/3/2009 7:08:15 PM
I think internet dating is overated. I think a traditional date is what we should be sticking with. It's more romantic. I sure hope our world doesn't go completely cyber. It would drive me nutts!
Reply to this
mysticmoons wrote:
110) 4/3/2009 7:23:29 PM
I would rather meet someone in person, its just not natural to cyberdate. They can send you a picture, but how would you really know if they were for real?
Reply to this
Psawyer122 wrote:
111) 4/5/2009 9:43:49 AM
Honestly, as long as you are careful you can find love anywhere. I do feel that these days we have more ways of find "the one" and in many cases that may be over the internet. As long as you really get to know the people you meet, you should have fun with it. Enjoy life and who knows maybe he/she is "the one". You won't know unless you try it out :)
Reply to this
Nella wrote:
112) 4/3/2009 12:20:03 PM
My comments on this issue is its fine to interact online with someone. But some people on those internet dating websites can lie. Tell you what you want to hear its very very dangerous. I had a friend that meet someone online, she chatted with him for while they finally went out. He started asking for things such as money on the first date. He wanted to borrow her car, etc. When she wouldn't give in he dump her.
Reply to this
kellygirl39 wrote:
113) 4/4/2009 11:32:09 AM
I met my husband through internet dating! I started online dating because I was a divorced single mom with three children and worked full time and went to school part time. I didn't have time or energy to waste meeting "creeps" at bars etc. This way you get to know someone before you actually meet up with them. I found that most people on internet dating cut to the point. If they are looking for a relationship or a good time. If there is physical attraction or not. it was a great experience for me. My husband and I were matched up, talked for awhile online, then met in person after about a month and have been married for two years. He lived an hour away in a different state and I probably would have never met him otherwise. Honesty is key in making online dating work though and it is true that not everyone is honest. Like I said though, mine was a positive experience.
Reply to this
Queen R wrote:
114) 4/10/2009 10:13:47 AM
I perfer interaction!!! i feel that if you have interaction that you will get a better feel for that person.
Reply to this
gg79 wrote:
115) 4/10/2009 11:43:27 AM
I met my bf a couple of years ago through eharmony.com. I wanted to give online dating a try because I've been in so many disastrous dates and was getting tired of not finding the right person. I signed up because I was curious and wanted to give it a shot. I figured if it doesn't work out, fine, delete my account and go back to traditional dating. After being on it for a month, I got matched with my now boyfriend. I was hesitant at first because he lives in the midwest and I'm in the eastcoast, but it's been 1 year (and some months) and we're still going strong. We are so much alike in so many ways. The beauty of eharmony or other online dating is that, they make you take personality tests and they match you up with another person with similar values and beliefs. With traditional dating, it's very difficult to find your perfect match--it's like finding a needle in a haystack.
Reply to this
fatiman1014@yahoo.com wrote:
116) 4/15/2009 12:17:56 PM
i wouldnt say that it became the norm, && traditional dating is always going to be out there. it happens at the most unexpected times by anyone, like when i was in a conference for a few days, or when your even getting a coffee lol. those who do use online dating are usually really busy and don't have time to find someone, so generally we have kind of gone completely cyber. we do and buy everything on the internet, from clothes to socializing (dating newtworks, facebook, myspace, etc.) however i believe in interaction more than internet for dating. internet dating can be dangerous and the person on the other side of the screen can be someone totally opposite than what they've been telling you :)
Reply to this
Sherida wrote:
117) 4/15/2009 1:21:29 PM
I wanted the free gift card but since I missed it I will share my story anyway. I met my current boyfriend online. He from Italy and I'm from the US. He's white, I'm black but our spirits match. I've been with him for a little over a year and it has been like a fairytale. No one could have told me that this could be possible but I found my soul mate online. I must admit I gave him a run down like; are you going to kill me and do you eat people (lol) but afterward he was cool. We talked on skype, I met his entire family via video chat before meeting him personally and he did the same with me. The best part is that he doesnt fit my list; there's no way I could have created a list to match how wonderful he is. After being with him I say a woman should never lower her standards but she should open her heart! When you are open to possibilities all will work in your favor!!
Reply to this
greeneyes626 wrote:
118) 4/22/2009 12:27:11 AM
Internet dating is a great way to meet people. If you have a busy life you can really meet great people. I met my boyfriend online and it's been a happy two years. The clubs and bars can attract the wrong crowd. If you haven't tried it you should try it.
Reply to this
yeahdonna wrote:
119) 4/24/2009 7:42:26 PM
i think that the internet dating thing can be good, but like anything it has its downsides as well. i met a great guy that happened to live just down the street, we just never happened to cross paths. i almost married him. we were together for 3 years. so good connections can be made. but don't get me wrong, i did meet my share of crazies. one needs to be very cautious. also, it can't be the only means either. i think the younger crowd is more cyber than the older crowd (mostly because us oldies have trouble figuring most of it out!)
Reply to this
Bon-Bon wrote:
120) 5/5/2009 8:58:31 PM
I think that if someone truly believes they can find someone online, they should go for it. But for me, I want to meet the person and find out about them, instead of having a list in front of me of everything about them. Sometimes these lists can be misleading if the person is trying to make themselves sound better or one may miss someone they might like from one con they see.
Reply to this
Bon-Bon wrote:
121) 5/5/2009 9:06:43 PM
I think that if someone truly believes they can find someone online, they should go for it. But for me, I want to meet the person and find out about them, instead of having a list in front of me of everything about them. Sometimes these lists can be misleading if the person is trying to make themselves sound better or one may miss someone they might like from one con they see.
Reply to this


Live chat by BoldChat
e.l.f. RSS Feed elf Cosmetics blog RSS feed
elf Cosmetics
most popular


elf Cosmetics

elf Cosmetics
November 2014 (6)
October 2014 (15)
September 2014 (13)
August 2014 (11)
July 2014 (16)
June 2014 (18)
May 2014 (19)
April 2014 (18)
March 2014 (18)
February 2014 (10)
January 2014 (21)
December 2013 (5)
November 2013 (9)
October 2013 (18)
September 2013 (13)
August 2013 (13)
July 2013 (21)
June 2013 (12)
May 2013 (7)
April 2013 (22)
March 2013 (13)
February 2013 (14)
January 2013 (28)
December 2012 (8)
November 2012 (8)
October 2012 (16)
September 2012 (12)
August 2012 (13)
July 2012 (14)
June 2012 (21)
May 2012 (20)
April 2012 (23)
March 2012 (20)
February 2012 (15)
January 2012 (16)
December 2011 (13)
November 2011 (16)
October 2011 (16)
September 2011 (20)
August 2011 (16)
July 2011 (12)
June 2011 (11)
May 2011 (15)
April 2011 (12)
March 2011 (15)
February 2011 (15)
January 2011 (14)
December 2010 (8)
November 2010 (5)
October 2010 (9)
September 2010 (13)
August 2010 (18)
July 2010 (10)
June 2010 (18)
May 2010 (23)
April 2010 (22)
March 2010 (31)
February 2010 (21)
January 2010 (19)
December 2009 (15)
November 2009 (20)
October 2009 (18)
September 2009 (19)
August 2009 (14)
July 2009 (25)
June 2009 (25)
May 2009 (9)
April 2009 (8)
March 2009 (10)
February 2009 (6)
January 2009 (7)


elf Cosmetics