On the 8th e.l.f. day of Christmas...get 50% off ALL brushes! On orders $25+ use code BRUSH50 in the coupon code box at checkout to receive 50% Off all single brushes and brush sets. Cannot be combined with other offers or applied to previous purchases. Maximum discount $100. Online only. Hurry, offer ends midnight PST!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Whether you are going to D.I.Y it or hire a professional make-up artist to apply your make-up, it’s important to know these basic bridal make-up rules:
If you never really wear make-up, it’s important to consider wearing it for your wedding. Your photos will last a lifetime, remember when your hair has been done and you are looking so beautifully dressed, a make-up free face won’t work with the rest of the look.
* Wear waterproof mascara, you don’t want black tears running down your face. Check our e.l.f’s great duo mascara – regular on the one end and waterproof on the other, perfect for your wedding day and honeymoon: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/eyes/earth_&_water_mascara_duo
* Add color and shape to your face with blusher. Use either a dewy cream formula or a regular pressed powder formula. To add shape to the cheeks use neutral shades of blusher under your cheek bones. To add color use subtle pinks and peachy tones on the apple of your cheeks. For darker skin tones increase the intensity of the pink or peach and use deeper plumy pinks and burnt orange tones.
* A spray tan is safer than the sun or going on a sun bed.
* Make sure your foundation and power still match your tanned skin - ever noticed a brides face looking white in her wedding photos? Make sure that is not you!
* If you are going to tan your body, but not your face, use a darker foundation on your face to match up to your tanned neck and shoulder area.
* Make-up artists use yellow toned shades of foundation, concealer and powder, because they look more natural once blended onto the skin. Pink tones look old fashioned and obvious on the skin.
* Apply concealer after foundation. This way you won’t wipe your concealer off when applying your foundation.
* Set your foundation and concealer in place with loose powder to ensure a lasting finish. Also use loose powder to re set your make-up through the day.
* Shaping and defining your eyebrows is an important step to focus on, your eye area will look more open and groomed and you will have space in which to apply your eye shadow.
* Eye shadow and eye liner adds definition to your eyes and brings out your eye color. Natural applications are suitable for morning or midday weddings and darker more glamorous applications are best for afternoon or evening ceremonies. Avoid wearing blues, greens, pinks and mauves, opt for neutral shades of stone, beige, brown and grey, the darker your skin the deeper the shades can go. Applying the smokey eye application works well to define and enhance a more glamorous look. Never apply one shade of eye shadow all the way from your lashes right up until your eyebrows. Apply a highlighter like off white under your eyebrows and a shading color through your eye crease for example. If you do want to use color on your eyes, use eye liner - rather than color all over your eyes as eye shadow.
* If you have small lips aim for a lighter or brighter lipstick shade. Fuller lips are more versatile and suit most lip applications. Lip gloss adds the final touch and creates a fashionable sexy look.
* Hold a few tissues directly behind your bouquet when you enter the Ceremony, if you do cry you will have tissues on hand to catch your tears.
* Touch up your make-up after the ceremony. Give one of your bridesmaid’s your touch up kit and a hand mirror. You must refresh your make-up before the photos.
* Practice makes perfect and your photos last a life time, so the time spent sorting out your make-up kit and practicing is well worth it.
Good luck with your wedding arrangements.
Guest post by Debbie Jean
.Top make-up artist Debbie Jean provides expert make-up advise - by offering
personalised on line make-up guides. Visit Debbie's make-up website
for more details: www.realwomenmakeup.com. Debbie also offers on-line personalized skin tone and make-up guides. To order order your on-line analysis today go to http://www.realwomenmakeup.com/offer_discount.html, all e.l.f. customers receive a 20% discount.
elf Cosmetics blog RSS feed
12/12/2013 7:35:40 AM
Copyright © 2013 J.A. Cosmetics US, Inc Powered by BlueSwitch.