Fall Ready With Shay!Fall Ready With Shay!
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2014
I don't know about you elfettes, but I've had fall on the brain lately. Thanks to a crisp burst of cooler weather in NYC last week, the corporate elfettes and I have been thinking of pumpkin spice lattes, sweater weather, and of course, fall beauty trends! With that last bit in mind, I was so happy to come across this picture of Shay Mitchell from the Teen Choice Awards a few weeks back. Seems like fall was on the Pretty Little Liars star's mind too: She nailed three of the big fall beauty trends we're really excited about here at e.l.f. Take a look!
First, that gorgeous, deep berry lip shade! While last fall was all about dark oxblood lips, this year's hot color is toned a little pinker and brighter. Ease into this trend through summer with our Essential Lip Balm Tint in Berry. For a full-on shade, we recommend our Mineral Lipstick in Beautiful Berry or Essential Lipstick in Posh.
Second, her glowing, dewy skin! You may normally think of dewy skin being strictly for summer, but we're predicting a glow to follow through the fall this year! A quick and easy shortcut to radiance is to prep with our Studio Mineral-Infused Face Primer in Radiant Glow for instant brightening! Our Essential Shimmering Facial Whip In Spotlight also does the trick well. As I've told you all before, my favorite secret for glowing skin is to mix some Shimmering Facial Whip in with my regular foundation! For an even quicker glow, you can try the Essential All Over Color Stick in Spotlight, perfect for the girl on-the-go!
Lastly, her pale purple blush! Much like fall lip color, instead of the darker shades you'd normally associate with fall, the trendy cheek colors are leaning towards the pastel and pale pinks and lilacs. Our top picks are the Studio Blush in Tickled Pink, Mineral Blush in Joy, Pressed Mineral Blush in Sweet Retreat, and our Essential Blush in Innocence. Beautiful!
What fall trends are you most looking forward to?
BEAUTY SCHOOL 101: locker must-haves!BEAUTY SCHOOL 101: locker must-haves!
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 20, 2014
Hey elfette! Put down your protractor and pick up your lip balm... it's time to learn about my locker must-haves for fall. If you're bummed about going back to class all day long, this post will get your pep back! Here are some great pieces from e.l.f. you need to try for school:
LESSON 1: CASES
• The e.l.f. Essential Signature Bag — This double-zippered bag gets you organized fast. Keep brushes on one side and compacts/lip stuff on the other! This bag is shorter in size than the dump bag, and fits into a backpack, smaller space or a corner of your locker with ease.
• The e.l.f. Essential Train Case — For the girl who loves to over pack... a.k.a.. ME! This case will fit your makeup, your brushes, and can probably even store some hair product to make it an all-in-one, beauty stop. It conveniently has a mirror built in, so you don't need an extra compact. This should fit at the bottom of your locker, but not your purse.
• In most cases, a little mascara can make you look more awake! Apply some of the e.l.f. Studio 3-in-1 Mascara to those lashes and get everyone thinking you didn't have an all-night, cram session.
• My absolute favorite liner is the e.l.f. Mineral Eyeliner, for it's creamy and smooth texture. I also hate to carry around a sharpener, so this pencil just rolls out and is super thin for storage.
• Every girl needs a go-to lip balm. Carry this in your purse, your backpack or even your pocket! The e.l.f. Studio Conditioning Lip Balm is sure to please with it's hydration and fun colors.
• So gym class isn't your favorite because your skin gets oily. Afterwards, apply a bit of the e.l.f. Studio Translucent Mattifying Powder to your face and let the shine disappear. Touch up your makeup too any time in the day with the powder and sponge. Easy!
• I'm not a fan of carrying around a bottle of foundation, so concealer does the trick when I'm out. Add the e.l.f. Studio Concealer to your makeup bag for school and it's like having a mini foundation!
• The e.l.f. Essential All Over Color Stick is awesome! You can touch up your blush with it, apply it on your eyes for shimmer or even on your lips. A three-in-one product is perfect for smaller makeup bags or when you're in a rush.
What's your favorite makeup to bring to school?
Selena's Colorful Cat-EyeSelena's Colorful Cat-Eye
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2014
I think Selena Gomez always looks wonderful, but she tends to play it safe with her makeup most of the time. A remnant from her days as a Disney star? Perhaps. That's why I was so pleasantly surprised to see this cat-eye look from her at a red carpet event last week. It's got a gorgeous, summery pop of pink shadow, a very unexpected pairing with such a dark liner. Plus, she matched her lipstick to her eyeshadow! Any beauty "rules" about being too matchy-matchy with your makeup are definitely old news! I love how her lipstick brings the look full-circle. I'm absolutely in love!
Want to try this look? Prep your lid with your favorite e.l.f. primer. The Essential Eyelid Primer and Mineral Eyeshadow Primer are all great go-tos. Now, start with a pale pink shadow. My personal picks would be any of the lovely pink shades in all four versions of our Studio Baked Eyeshadow Palette. I love their soft, shimmer finish. California has been my favorite lately, it's so summery! You can also use one of our single Studio Baked Eyeshadows in Pixie for a similar color. Our Mineral Eyeshadow in Sweet or Glamorous will also give you a similar color, just in a different formula. You can also try our Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow in Birthday Cake for a mess-free formula, but the color is a bit brighter than what Selena's wearing. (Which is totally fun too!) To get this smoky eyeliner like Selena's, your best bet is the Studio Kohl Eyeliner. It comes with an attached smudge sponge to effortlessly smolder. Simply apply along your top lashline (A bit thicker of a line works best!) and smudge out and upward towards the browbone, like you would a sleeker cat-eye. Finish it off with a lipcolor to match your eyeshadow! We like our Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in Pink Minx, Mineral Lipstick in Runway Pink, or Essential Lipstick in Seductive.
What do you think of Selena's colorful cat-eye?
RECENT COMMENT "I don't like it. I think the look ages her. The picture for this article isn't bad, but the one of h..."
ADD A COMMENT
TELL A FRIEND
beauty school 101: MASCARAbeauty school 101: MASCARA
TUESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2014
Hi Elfette! Ever wonder what e.l.f. Mascara would be perfect for YOU? It all depends on your lashes and the brush style. My three fav's are shown above and really, you can't go wrong with any of these.
FOR THIN HAIR
FOR THICK HAIR
FOR ANY HAIR
Whats YOUR favorite?
elf Cosmetics blog RSS feed